In this post, we’ll look at some of the greatest and shortest Durood Sharif ever, as well as their advantages and significance in English. References from the Qur’an and Hadith are also available.
Join Now to Get 2 FREE trial classes
learn Quran online
Durood is a Muslim supplication in which they praise the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam by uttering particular terms (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) When a Muslim reads, says, or hears the name of Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam (Allah’s Peace and Blessings be upon him), say durood.
There are several advantages of reciting Durood Sharif with compassion and respect regularly.
The recitation of Durood Sharif expresses one’s undying love and devotion to the Holy Prophet (SAW).
Concerning Holy Prophet (SAW) Hadiths, we shall explain some benefits of reciting Durood Sharif.
Prophet (SAW) said:
“On the Day of Judgment, the person closest to me will be the one who has sent the most Durood into me.” (Tirmidhi).
- Because reciting Durood Sharif is essential, we should repeat it frequently if we wish to be close to Prophet (SAW) in Jannah.
- The Durood Sharif, when said, pulls one closer to Allah and the Prophet (PBUH).
- We are fulfilling Allah Almighty’s commandments when we recite Durood.
- Every Muslim owes it to Allah and his angels to convey blessings to the Holy Prophet (SAW) by saying, Durood Sharif.
Says the Holy Prophet (SAW):
“On Friday, send Durood abundantly to me, as it is presented before me.” (Abu Dawud).
- On Friday, we should recite Durood Sharif to benefit Allah Almighty.
The one who recites a Durood receives ten blessings from Allah.
Hadith explains the importance of Durood Sharif
The Prophet (PBUH) declared in Hadith:
“Whoever supplicates Allah to exalt for me, Allah would exalt him ten times.”(Muslim)
- On the Day of Judgment, those who recite Durood Sharif ten times in the morning and ten times in the evening shall be helped by the Holy Prophet (PBUH).
- Since Durood Shareef is a source of supplication acceptance, Allah accepts all of our Duas (SAW) if we recite Durood Shareef on Prophet Muhammad.
- If someone is in a challenging situation, they must repeat Durood Sharif.
- When someone is furious, he should say Durood Shareef, and Allah will, insha’Allah, solve all of his issues.
- Poverty and hunger are eradicated by reciting Durood Sharif.
- When you forget anything, and your memory fails to recall it, repeat Durood Shareef, and the forgotten items will come back to you.
- Allah would accept all of his prayers or supplications and fulfill all of his Hajats if he recites Durood Shareef the most times each day.
- Allah Ta’ala has assigned many Angels the exclusive responsibility of collecting all Durood Shareef and presenting it to the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) as soon as possible.
- The heart is purified by reciting Durood-e-Pak.
- The secret to success is Durood-e-Pak.
- On the Day of Judgement, the reciter of Durood-e-Pak shall be allotted a position under the shadow of Arsh-e-Ilahi.
- Ten sins are forgiven, ten virtues are rewarded, the reciter’s standing is exalted by ten degrees, and ten Divine Favours are bestowed on him by reciting Durood-e-Pak once.
- Anyone can recite Durood Shareef from wherever in the globe at any time, and it will reach the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) promptly.
Durood Sharif in English
Sending blessings on the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS), also known as reciting Durood Sharif, is one of Islam’s most important acts of religion.
Insha’Allah, the more Durood Shareef you recite, the more blessings you will receive in this life and the hereafter.
When a Muslim reads, talks or hears the name of the beloved Prophet Muhammad, it is highly suggested that they say Durood (sending blessings onto our beloved Prophet) (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).
In English, Durood Sharif is as follows:
O Allah, let Your Blessings come upon Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) and the family of Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him), as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Indeed, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious. Allah, bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Indeed, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious.
Allah (SWT) urges the believers to send blessings to the Prophet Muhammad, as shown in the following verse of the Qur’an (SAWS).
Indeed, Allah confers blessing upon the Prophet, and His angels [ask Him to do so]. O you who have believed, ask [Allah to confer] benefit upon him and ask [Allah to grant him] peace. [Al-Ahzab Verse No. 56]
Durood Sharif Transliteration
Allahumma SalliI Ala Muhammadiw Wa Ala Aali Muhammadin Kamaa Sal’laita Ala Ibrahima Wa Ala Aali Ibrahima Inna’ka Hamidum Majid. Allahumma Baarik Ala Muhammadiw Wa Ala Aali Muhammadin Kamaa Baarakta Ala Ibrahima Wa Ala Aali Ibrahima Inna’ka Hamidum Majid.
Is it allowed to read Durood and listen to the Quran simultaneously?
Yes, reading Durood while listening to the Quran is permitted.
There are no passages that state you can’t read Durood and listen to the Quran simultaneously.
It is also mentioned that every time you hear the name of Prophet Mohammad (ﷺ) recite Durood on Him because the Prophet’s name comes numerous times in the Quran.
Is it possible to read Durood Sharif without the Wudu?
You can repeat any DUROOD SHARIF, especially the one we say in SALAT, DAROOD E IBRAHIM (NAMAZ).
… It should be mentioned that while reciting DAROOD SHARIF without wudhu is permitted.
It is preferable to do so. However, it should be said with wudhu to reap more significant advantages.
Durood Sharif in Arabic is an invocation to Allah, which means “God” in Arabic, asking peace and blessings upon Prophet Mohammad, peace be upon him.
اَللّٰھُمَّ صَلِّ عَلٰی مُحَمَّدٍ وَّعَلٰٓی اٰلِ مُحَمَّدٍ کَمَا صَلَّیْتَ عَلٰٓی اِبْرَاھِیْمَ وَعَلٰٓی اٰلِ اِبْرَاھِیْمَ اِنَّکَ حَمِیْدٌ مَّجِیْدٌ اَللّٰھُمَّ بَارِکْ عَلٰی مُحَمَّدٍ وَّعَلٰٓی اٰلِ مُحَمَّدٍ کَمَا بَارَکْتَ عَلٰٓی اِبْرَاھِیْمَ وَعَلٰٓی اٰلِ اِبْرَاھِیْمَ اِنَّکَ حَمِیْدٌ مَّجِیْدٌ
When you read Durood Sharif, what happens?
Poverty and hunger are eradicated by reciting Durood Shareef. If the Durood Shareef’s Sawaab is devoted to someone else, that person will get the Sawaab, although the reciter’s Sawaab will not be reduced.
Excessive Durood Shareef recitation improves cleanliness.
Read More: Prophet Muhammad, sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, died and is buried in Madeenah