How was Islam spread?
How was Islam spread? The religion of Islam spread very quickly, through the following ways:
Join Now to Get 2 FREE trial classes
learn Quran online
1. Jihad with wisdom and good exhortation
The Messenger – peace be upon him – began jihad in Mecca with preaching, benevolence, and wisdom, and he – peace be upon him – and the honorable companions faced great harm from the polytheists during the jihad, which made them migrate from Mecca to Medina, and in it a number of parties were formed, including: Covenanters, hypocrites, and others.
The Messenger – may God bless him and grant him peace – treated these groups with good treatment and wisdom.
Where he took into the covenants and treated the hypocrites according to their apparent condition, and he did not start war except against those who insisted on their unbelief and stubbornness and those who did not keep a covenant.
2. The goal of jihad with wisdom
The jihad for the sake of God has two main goals:
- Defending the truth: This goal is agreed upon by all heavenly laws and religions.
- The Islamic call: It is a goal through which justice is achieved.
You may also read: Why did Islam spread so quickly? … Let’s know
The importance of Islam message with wisdom
The importance of invite with wisdom lies in many points, and the following is its statement:
- God – Glory be to Him and Almighty – commanded the Messenger – may God’s prayers and peace be upon him – to call with wisdom and good advice, and the evidence for this is His saying – the Most High:(ادْعُ إِلِى سَبِيلِ رَبِّكَ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَالْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ وَجَادِلْهُم بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ)
- The biography of the Prophet included many evidences that show the wisdom of the Messenger – may God bless him and grant him peace – during his call to Islam, which led to the entry of many groups to him, and the evidence for this is the saying of the Messenger – may God bless him and grant him peace : (فُرِجَ سَقْفُ بَيْتي وأَنَا بمَكَّةَ، فَنَزَلَ جِبْرِيلُ فَفَرَجَ صَدْرِي، ثُمَّ غَسَلَهُ بمَاءِ زَمْزَمَ، ثُمَّ جَاءَ بطَسْتٍ مِن ذَهَبٍ، مُمْتَلِئٍ حِكْمَةً وإيمَانًا، فأفْرَغَهَا في صَدْرِي، ثُمَّ أَطْبَقَهُ).
- The call with wisdom was used by the Companions – may God be pleased with them – during their call to Islam, which also led to its spread during their era.
- Wisdom includes many ways; It is not limited to softness and kindness, but rather contains several ways, including: forgiveness and forbearance, and it may be through encouragement and intimidation, in addition to the use of good argument, kindness, and refutation of falsehood with rational evidence, and finally wisdom may be by using force; Such as beating and discipline.
Evidence for calling with wisdom from the Noble Qur’an
In the following, the evidence for the call will be explained with wisdom:
His statement – the Most High: (قُلْ هَذِهِ سَبِيلِي أَدْعُو إِلَى اللَّهِ عَلَى بَصِيرَةٍ)
His statement – the Most High: (ادْعُ إِلِى سَبِيلِ رَبِّكَ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَالْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ وَجَادِلْهُم بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ).
3. Commitment to the morals of Islam
Good manners are enough to encourage non-Muslims to enter Islam. When merchants went to many countries, they dealt with people with dignity and poise, and their behavior became remarkable for the people, asking them about the reason for this, and they answered that it is the behavior of Islam; This led to the conversion of many of them.
And when good behavior played a major role in entering Islam and calling to God, the Muslim must have good manners, knowledge of the true religion, and understanding of matters of calling, just as the caller to God must set an example; He does not command a good that does the opposite, and he does not forbid an evil that he does, as God Almighty says: (وَمَنْ أَحْسَنُ قَوْلاً مِّمَّن دَعَآ إِلَى الله وَعَمِلَ صَالِحاً وَقَالَ إِنَّنِي مِنَ المسلمين).
You may also read: How did Islam spread?
4. Islam have Rules that keep people happy
Islam spread due to its organized rules and controls, which led to people being attracted to it, and it did not spread with the strength of those who believed in it. a religion; It eliminates all the principles of anxiety, fear, and control that have been enshrined by capitalism, socialism, and others.
Islam is the only religion that eliminated forms of discrimination that contain ranks and classes, as it came and abolished these distinctions; Because of the loftiness and arrogance in it that contradicts Islamic Sharia, which means that Islam looks at man’s intention and action, not at his lineage and self, and the evidence for that is His saying – the Most High: (وَقُلِ اعْمَلُوا فَسَيَرَى اللَّهُ عَمَلَكُمْ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ ۖ وَسَتُرَدُّونَ إِلَىٰ عَالِمِ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ فَيُنَبِّئُكُم بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ).
there is no compulsion in religion
The general principle of Muslims is not to force others to convert to Islam by force, but Islam is based on argument and proof, where God – the Most High – says: (لا إِكْراهَ فِي الدِّينِ) The verse came to show that whoever embraces faith is by his own choice, and whoever chooses disbelief is also by his own choice, and with that, God – the Most High – does not love anything but faith and its people.
It should be noted that the infidel person is not confronted with the threat of death if he does not convert to Islam, but is given the tribute and is left, perhaps they will love Islam later and embrace it.
Was Islam spread by the sword?
- Faith is related to the soul and its nature; Therefore, the Islamic faith cannot be inculcated by force, which means that wars were not their main goal to force people to convert to Islam, but rather were aimed at removing the obstacles that stand between Islam and people, and that the biography of the Messenger – may God bless him and grant him peace – and history showed the lies of those who They claim that Islam was spread by the sword, and this is evidenced by the fact that wars resulted in many Islamic conquests thanks to which peoples were liberated from persecution and injustice.
- A Sunnah in Mecca calls for monotheism, and after the emigration, he gave the infidels a choice to enter Islam or to remain on their religion with the payment of the tax and your protection, for example, his dealings – may God’s prayers and peace be upon him – with the delegation of Banu Taghlib.
The article mentioned How was Islam spread? from wisdom, kindness, good style, and argument in a way that is best, and not to force people to enter into it and to believe in it, not as it is circulated that it is a religion spread by the sword and killing, as the wisdom of the legislation of jihad has been explained.