This topic we will talk about The importance of Dhikr, first Dhikr meaning “Remembrance” is the act of devotion in Islam in which Duas runs and prayers are recited several times to remember Allah (SWT). Dhikr is a very powerful and simple way to worship Allah (SWT) when we run out of time, which has many benefits and virtues. Allah Almighty says in the Holy Quran: “O you who believe, remember Allah with much remembrance” (Quran 33:41).
Allah (SWT) has made Islam so easy for believers that even the shortest suras and phrases can receive the greatest reward. For example, the recitation of reciting ‘Alhamdulillah’ is that he will fill the scales on the Day of Judgment with good deeds. As the dhikr is so easy and carries a great reward, it is a form of worship that we should seek to increase in our daily lives.
The importance of Dhikr
If anyone wants tranquility and peace of heart he/she could get it in the memory of Allah (SWT). In the Holy Qur’an, Allah the Almighty says: “Truly, in the remembrance of Allah, hearts find rest” (Qur’an, 13:28). In the Dhikr and the Memory of Allah (SWT) the heart of a Muslim finds solace on the side of Allah, becomes restful when he is remembered and happy to have him as protector and supporter and surely he (SWT) is admirable it is Dhikr.
Effects of Dhikr
Allah (SWT) wants us to remember him in all situations, no matter how happy or sad he is as much as we can. There is a good reason to have loved to remember Allah (SWT) for Him alone. By praising and glorifying Allah (SWT), we show him our gratitude and acknowledge His nobility. We accept that we have no power without Him, as He has power over all things. Once we really understand this, we can understand that we do not really control our lives, and only with the help and will of Allah (SWT) can we accomplish things in our lives.
Make a habit of doing dhikr regularly in your day, you will find that you feel more connected to Allah (SWT), which is a great feeling. The act of dhikr concentrates your mind continues to Allah Almighty. It also has an instant calming effect on your mind and body and eliminates negative thinking from your mind. The more you practice dhikr, the more you will want to do it.
Also, read learning Quran benefits
Really increasing the amount of dhikr you make in your day will have a valuable impact on other areas of your life. By the very essence of being constantly connected to your Creator your faith will naturally increase, and this will motivate you to implement other ways of living instructed by the Qur’an and the Sunnah. As dhikr concentrates your mind only on Allah, you will also begin to think of what else you can do to sincerely satisfy Allah daily, thus developing sincerity in worship.
Benefits of Dhikr
One can remember Allah (SWT) in one’s heart and through one’s tongue but remembering Him in the heart and through the tongue simultaneously, is the best way to remember Him. This memory (dhikr) should be with good intention and for the sake of Allah (SWT).
There are many benefits to remembering Allah (SWT), which is the great act of worship. Some of them are listed below:
- One of The importance of Dhikr is that Remember Allah (SWT) to chase the Shaytaan by suppressing his whisperings of Muslim’s heart.
- If anyone wants the satisfaction of Allah, then do Allah’s Dhikr (SWT). In memory of Allah, his satisfaction rests.
- In remembrance of Allah (SWT) one can find the facility to attain daily sustenance.
It brings dignity, courtesy and brilliance to the life of a Muslim.
- Allah (SWT) remembers those who remember Him. As He mentions in the Holy Qur’an: “Remember Me (praying, glorifying, etc.) I will remember you” (Qur’an, 2: 152).
- Remembering Allah (SWT) causes the love of Allah, which is the spirit of Islam and the eminent ethos of religion, the basis of happiness and salvation.
- Dhikr of Almighty Allah removes the worries and sadness of his heart.
- Also one of The importance of Dhikr is that Those who remember Allah (SWT) feelings of calm, tranquility and happiness will enter their hearts.
In short, remembering Allah (SWT) is one of the acts of virtuous worship through which one can attain tranquility, rest, and peace of mind and heart. May Allah give us the strength to do Dhikr regularly and obtain blessings from Allah Almighty. Ameen!